Thomas A. LeuppRetired
Prior to his retirement in 2019, Thomas A. Leupp was a respected, award-winning criminal defense attorney and the co-founder of Leupp & Woodall. A graduate of the University of Pacific McGeorge School of Law, attorney Leupp devoted his entire 42 year career to representing people accused of committing crimes. Over the years he built a formidable industry reputation, securing not guilty verdicts in a number of high profile cases, including “three strikes” and death penalty cases.
Mr. Leupp became a State Bar Certified Specialist in Criminal Law – a distinction relatively few criminal defense attorneys attain, and was included in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers as well. He was also industry-recognized for his work on behalf of California’s accused, having been included in the Best Lawyers in America list and, impressively, the Northern California Super Lawyers since 2004. In 2013 Best Lawyers named him the Criminal Defense “Lawyer of the Year” in the Sacramento region.
While Mr. Leupp is now enjoying a well-earned retirement, attorney Timothy Woodall remains available to assist any of Mr. Leupp’s former clients who have questions or need additional services with regard to their prior cases.
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California, J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence (1977)
- University of California, Davis, Davis, California, B.A., Bachelor of Arts (1973)
Awards & Accolades
- State Bar Certified Criminal Law Specialist
- Northern California Super Lawyers (2004 - 2017)
- Best Lawyers Criminal Defense "Lawyer of the Year" Sacramento (2013)
- Bar Register of Pre-Eminent Lawyers, featured member
- California Public Defenders Association, Member (1978 - 2019)
- Placer County Bar Association, Member (1978 - 2019)
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice, Director, Board of Governors (1989 - 2019)
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice, Member (1982 - 2019)
- Placer County Bar Association, President (1987 - 2019)