Thomas A. LeuppPartner
Thomas A. Leupp is a respected, award-winning criminal defense attorney and the co-founder of Leupp & Woodall. A graduate of the University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law, Attorney Leupp would go on to build a formidable industry reputation, securing not guilty verdicts in a number of high-profile cases, including "three strikes" cases and allegations that could have warranted the death penalty.
Mr. Leupp would also become a State Bar Certified Specialist In Criminal Law—a distinction few criminal defense counselors attain—and continues to work exclusively in the criminal defense arena. He is included in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, as well.
Throughout his career, Mr. Leupp has remained engaged with the local legal community. He maintains membership with numerous, prestigious legal organizations and even served as President of the Placer County Bar Association.
He has also been industry-recognized for his work on behalf of California's accused, having been included in the Best Lawyers in America list and, impressively, the Northern California Super Lawyers list every year since 2004. In 2013, Best Lawyers named him the Criminal Defense "Lawyer of the Year" in the Sacramento region.
Attorney Leupp continues to forge a reputation as one of Northern California's premier criminal defense lawyers, setting a high standard for legal knowledge, courtroom acumen, and client advocacy. To inquire about representation, call our offices at (530) 836-5062 today.
McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence (1977)
University of California, Davis, Davis, California
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts (1973)
Awards & Accolades
- State Bar Certified Criminal Law Specialist
- Northern California Super Lawyers (2004 - 2017)
- Best Lawyers Criminal Defense "Lawyer of the Year," Sacramento (2013)
- Bar Register of Pre-Eminent Lawyers, featured member
- California Public Defenders Association, Member (1978 - present)
- Placer County Bar Association, Member (1978 - Present)
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice, Director, Board of Governors (1989 - Present)
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice, Member (1982 - Present)
- Placer County Bar Association, President (1987 - Present)